Buying Real Estate
One of the most exciting adventures you undertake in life is the purchase of your perfect home, whether it is your full-time residence, or the vacation home of your dreams.
In order to help you prepare for this important event, we’d like to give you a rough idea of what to expect during the process, in order to make everything go just a little bit more smoothly for you.
- Financing – Try to get mortgage loan pre-approval to help you narrow down your price range.
- The Agent/Client Relationship – HG Christie starts the relationship by sharing a wealth of information and knowledge about Bahamas Real Estate, purchasing, legal aspects, and informed news and views of what it will be like to become a member of a new island community. We work especially hard to build a complete picture of what it is like to purchase in the Bahamas. We set up easy communications, working with you to find the best possible way to keep you informed. We listen closely while you tell us about your investment goals, reasons for buying, and to identify a time frame for purchasing.
- Create a List – The description of what you seek is very important to us. HGC has the largest collection of current information about properties in the Bahamas and the more thorough and descriptive you can be, the more we can present to you. Key factors of your dream home are important to identify. What’s your preferred location? How about your special combination of beach, dock, and waterfront? What is the number of bedrooms, and the types of amenities you’re looking for? Are you planning to rent? If you are, what is your target income per year?
- Create a Buyer Profile – This will help the buyer to be informed as to what is on the market and will allow them to see all new listings in their criteria.
- Shop for Homes – Once we get all the information from you about your ideal situation, we then tailor a comprehensive package for your specific type of property, providing you with pertinent facts about government requirements, legal aspects, forms of agreement, and all the necessary materials. It is now that we can get to work finding your perfect property in our beautiful country.
- Make an Offer – Keep in mind that you may need to negotiate, so you may want to sit down and outline everything you may need or want from the deal.
- Extras – Are you going to need homeowner’s insurance? Or a home inspection? Now’s the time to do it.
- Closing – You will need to sign all the legal documents to have the title conveyed to you, make sure you read everything.